Dear Arid Club Community,
Thank you for the warm welcome, I have had a great first two weeks on the job and I am excited for the opportunity to serve the membership and lead the team at The Arid Club.
As many of you know, I have spent the last six years at Hillcrest Country Club being mentored by two General Managers during my tenure. During my time at Hillcrest, I helped lead a team that grew membership to capacity with a current wait-list of over 50 vested individuals and lowered attrition from 16% to 6%.
Previous to that, I was involved at two private clubs in the Salt Lake City area: Hidden Valley Country Club and Oakridge Country Club.
I want to thank my predecessor, Theresa Korpi, for the work she did to get the club where it is today. I am looking forward to taking the next steps and opportunities for us at The Arid Club.
Our first focus will be to provide a premier experience for our membership. We have already began working on a team first mindset, by providing every opportunity for our team to be successful. Training and re-training of our team with defined processes and clear objectives will continue to be an everyday focus.
In addition to focusing on training our entry level team, I am excited to work with the leadership team to present new ideas and activities for our membership to take advantage of the club.
We would be negligent if we did not address the ongoing safety concerns of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With the recent uptick in cases across the Treasure Valley related to the Delta Variant of the virus we want to assure our membership that we are taking the necessary steps to provide a safe haven for all who enter the club.
For your safety, we want to provide you the peace of mind that we are committed to doing the following:
- Masks are being worn by all team members of The Arid Club.
- Daily well checks are being sent to all team members to assess their health status related to COVID-19 prior to their shift.
- Team member’s temperatures are taken upon entering the building.
- Members of the team who are not feeling well are asked to stay at home until they are better.
- Sanitation at high touchpoints (door handles, handrails, menus and chairs).
- Masks are available at entry points to the club for members and guests.
- Masks are encouraged for members and guests but not required.
The team is doing their utmost to provide exceptional service and deliver a quality member experience during this time. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate the changes and challenges that effect all of us.
Again, I am excited to be at The Arid Club and look forward to getting to know you. Please stop in and say “hi” or feel free to reach out to me if you need anything.